Tag Archives: Transfer

Extending your stay when your Tier 5 Visa runs out

Are you a highly skilled Australian or New Zealander currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa? Are you looking to move to a new visa which will allow you to remain in the UK long term? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help!

Transferring from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General

Although possible, transferring from a Tier 4 Student Visa to Tier 2 General (formerly UK Work Permit) is very difficult. Not because the transfer is especially complicated but because (1) the prospective sponsor must conduct a Resident Labour Market Test AND (2) ‘switching’ is only allowed once the individual has graduated from their course of […]

Transferring to Tier 1 Post Study Work (closed from 5 April 2012)

Tier 1 Post Study Work Visas allowed Non EEA graduates to work freely in the UK for a period of up to two years following graduation. The category was seen as a transitional router to a long term work visa; it closed to new applicants on 5th April 2012.

ILR | Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer

If you hold a Tier 2 Intra Company Transfer Visa (ICT) issued before the 6th April 2010 you may be able to apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (otherwise known as Permanent Residence) on completing 5 full qualifying years. However, if you were approved an Intra Company Transfer visa after the 6th April 2010 time […]