Monthly Archives: April 2012

Accounting Consulting

Are you working in the UK as a professional Accountant? Do you hold a temporary work visa such as a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa or Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa? If so Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help you secure Tier 2 Work Permit Sponsorship! At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with Tier […]

Engineering Consulting

Are you a highly skilled Engineer? Would you like to work in the UK for a Consultancy that offers Tier 2 Work Permit Sponsorship? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help! At Commonwealth Contractors we work with a number of Clients, Employers & Consultancies who are desperately in need of highly skilled and experienced engineering professionals. […]

Tax for Contractors & Expats

Tax, and quasi-tax such as National Insurance, typically costs European those working in the UK and Europe from 1/3rd to 2/3rds of their earnings.  Tax planning can be particularly relevant for expats for whom there is often far more choice than exists for those living and working in their home countries. Our guides are not […]

UK Contracting

At Commonwealth Contractors, we are used to helping expats considering a UK contracting career, but much of the material is also relevant to UK and EU nationals considering a move into contracting The guides cover IT & Engineering Consulting IT & Engineering Consulting UK Consulting Homepage IT Consulting On Tier 1 General On Tier 2 […]

Tier 5 Extension to your Working Holiday Visa

If you are enjoying the UK on your Working Youth Mobility Visa,  aTier 5 extension is something we can help you with. The usual next step is sponsorship of a Tier 2 Work Permit visa, which can later lead on to Indefinite leave to Remain (permanent residence) and then British nationality / passport. The great […]

Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship for Contractors

Do you have a contract offer and require Tier 2 Visa Sponsorship, but the client can’t or does not want to sponsor you?  Our Partners may be able to help if: The daily rate is >£250.00 + vat The client is prepared to give a deliverables-based (and not an agency worker based) contract The role […]

UK Tier 2 Visa

This guide is directed at individual skilled professionals who would like to work in the UK on a sponsored Tier 2 visa work permit . [/wptabcontent][/wpspoiler][wpspoiler name=”If you are an Employer”][wptabcontent] Click here for our employer’s guide to Tier 2 visas Information for Employers Tier 2 Employer Overview Tier 2 Sponsorship Licenses SOC Codes Shortage […]

Tier 1 Visas for High Value Individuals

How to extend your visa and get Permanent Residence If you have a Highly Skilled Tier 1 (General) visa – well done.  You got in before the programme was closed to new entrants. If you want to establish a UK base for the long term, it is essential that you ensure that you qualify to […]