Tag Archives: Contractor

European Work Permits

If you’re an EEA National you will be able to move and work freely throughout the European Economic Area. If you are a Non EEA National you will need to secure a country specific Work Permit unless you hold a work visa for a member nation and you are working further to a managed service […]

Biometric Residence Permits

A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is a card issued by the UKBA which holds your biographic details (name, date of birth, place of birth) along with your biometric information (fingerprints and digital photo). BRPs are currently issued for certain ‘in country’ applications.

Contracting after ILR

If you’re on a temporary work visa (such as Tier 1 General or Tier 2 General), and yearn to be a pure freelancer (not always the best option!), you will be looking forward to the day that you can consider contracting after ILR is achieved as it means you will be on the same playing […]

Worker Registration Scheme (WRS)

On the 30th April 2011 the Worker Registration Scheme closed meaning that nationals from the Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia and Slovenia can now work in the UK without needing to first gain permission.

IT Contracting in the UK for Turkish Nationals

Are you a Turkish IT Consultant? Would you like to work in the UK as a professional IT Contractor? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help to secure you a Turkish ECAA Visa and help to maximise your contract retention!

ECAA Visas for Bulgarians and Romanians

If you are a Bulgarian or a Romanian and you are interested in coming to the UK to open a business you may be able to secure a European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) Visa. ECAA Visas represent a great option for those that want to work as highly skilled Contractors in the UK.

HSMPs for Bulgarians and Romanians

If you are a highly skilled professional from Bulgaria or Romania you may be able to apply for a HSMP Visa for the UK. The HSMP Scheme (and its successor Tier 1 General) is now closed to all new applicants except those from Bulgaria and Romania.

Work Permits for Bulgarians and Romanians

If you would like to work as an ‘employee’ in the UK your best bet may be to secure a UK Work Permit (Tier 2 General Visa) with a Tier 2 Licensed Employer. If however you have time to spare and your prospective employer is not Tier 2 Licensed you may be better off with […]