About Us

Commonwealth Contractors provides resources to expat professionals, particularly those in IT, Finance & Engineering, who want a career in the UK.

Our immigration content is provided by OISC registered (F200900147) Immigraton advisors www.jdunlop.com. J Dunlop & Co have to charge for specific bespoke advice on individual cases, but this site is a free resource that answers most questions that jobseekers may have about UK visas.

It can be daunting to run up against UK employers and recruiters saying ‘We don’t deal with Expats’, or ‘We can’t deal with Skilled Worker (Tier 2) visas’ or ‘We won’t look at you if you need sponsorship’. If you are looking for opportunities, you will come across such attitudes time and time again. But that is not the whole picture. There is a way through the maze, and Commonwealth Contractors are here to help you. You are not alone. Hundreds of thousands of people have been in a similar position, and many of them have been successful. They have secured an opening in the UK, done five years holding a Tier 2 (General) [now UK Skilled Worker] visa, or Tier 1 visa, then gained Indefinite Leave to Remain, and finally a UK passport. Many have gone one to set up their own businesses, or to get board level jobs in prestigious companies.

The guidance here is for everybody, but further signposting [other than for paid www.jdunlop.com immigration consultancy] and being introduced to expat-friendly companies, is only possible within the specific niche where we have a network that can help: Experienced professionals in the IT, Finance & Engineering sectors. If you are a particularly bright student just finishing your degree, or are finishing a postgraduate qualification, by all means get in touch. But our network is mostly relevant for graduates (and graduate equivalent) professionals with 3 to 40 years work experience.

We help in 3 main ways:

  • By providing an informative website.
  • By linking with www.jdunlop.com. J Dunlop & Co are specialist immigration advisors who can help you and/or your employer with visas, working out the best way forward and then pursuing it (fees will apply). If the employer does not yet have a Sponsor Licence, then help arranging one is possible. If an individual Certificate of Sponsorship or visa application needs help, that process can be made as smooth as possible
  • By making introductions for those wanting to pursue a consulting career in the UK. In particular, for those that want to be in the driving seat, to have a hand in choosing their assignments, and get rewarded for being ‘rainmakers’ (ie bringing in contracts) as well as doing the technical work of delivering a project to a client. The ‘Big 4’ consultancies, and the tech giants like IBM, Oracle, & SAP, usually work to a model of 1/3rd to staff costs (you and your manager), 1/3rd to Overheads (including business development/sales), and 1/3rd to profits. We can help those that want pay of more than 1/3rd of the client fees they generate. [Neither we nor anyone we work with charges fees to jobseekers, nor do we/they impose any ‘bond’ or require new hires to reimburse any costs of hiring/sponsorship: if you are successful, your first financial interaction with your sponsor will be when they pay your first salary, and if you are not successful there will be no financial interaction]

If you want a career in the UK, or if you are already in the UK and want to take the next steps to greater rewards, contact us on 0330 390 902, or complete the inquiry form below