Tag Archives: Living in the UK

Got non-EEA Dependents? Money & Not Love Will Conquer All

On 11 June 2012 the Government announced changes to the Immigration Rules for non-European Economic Area (non-EEA) nationals applying to enter or remain in the UK on the family migration route. The changes came into effect for new applicants from the 9th July 2012 and were a response to the pressure on the government to […]

The National Health Service

If you travel to the UK to take employment while on a temporary work visa (e.g. Tier 2 General, Tier 1 General, Tier 5 Youth Mobility) you are entitled to free medical treatment on the National Health Service. However, entitlement to free NHS treatment is not free for everyone as it depends upon the length […]

Applying for a National Insurance Number

If you have just arrived in the UK on a temporary work visa it is important that you set about applying for a National Insurance Number as soon as possible. A National Insurance Number or NI number is a unique reference number that relates to your Income Tax & National Insurance records. PLEASE NOTE THAT […]

British Passports

To be eligible for a British Passport you MUST have British Nationality. If you are a highly skilled professional on a Tier 2 General visa you can apply for Permanent Residence in the UK after 5 years on Tier 2 General and then British Nationality after a further 1 year on Permanent Residence status.