IT Consulting – On Tier 5 Youth Mobility

In the old days IT Consultants on Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visas used to move to Tier 1 General Visas to stay in the UK long term. However, now that Tier 1 General has been cancelled the only option is to find a Tier 2 Licensed Sponsor and move to a UK Work Permit (Tier 2 General Visa). Many IT Consultants from Australia and New Zealand find that working in the UK / Europe for 2 to 5 years really helps to expand their professional experience. Back home it may be more difficult to build experience quickly due to a smaller jobs market however historically the UK has offered many opportunities for development. If you’re a highly skilled IT Consultant who is currently consulting in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa and you would like to continue building your professional experience in the UK contact Commonwealth Contractors now to find out how we can help you move to Tier 2 General. At Commonwealth Contractors we work with Tier 2 Licensed Clients, Employers & Consultancies who may, where required, sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 General Visa. To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!

Benefits of IT Consulting on Tier 2 General

There are many benefits to working as a highly skilled IT Consultant on a Tier 2 General Visa, including;

  • Long Term Work Rights – Tier 2 visas are initially approved for 3 years but may be extended for a further 2 years where required
  • Quick Visa Processing Times – The actual application back in Australia or New Zealand is normally very quick at only 5 to 10 working days. However preparation for the transfer can take a while so make sure you don’t leave it until the last minute!
  • Varied Assignments – Work on as many or as few assignments as you wish
  • Market Leading Remuneration – Consultants working on Tier 2 normally work on higher value projects over the course of 3-5 years. A Consultant may start off working on £300 per day assignments in year 1 but with experience they may be working on £500 per day assignments after 5 years
  • Claimable Business Expenses – It may be possible to claim expenses including; accommodation, visa costs, flights home, travel and subsistence, training costs, computer supplies, postage and stationary etc

Permanent Residence Applications

Unfortunately time spent on Tier 5 Youth Mobility does not count toward Permanent Residence in the UK, however time spent on Tier 2 General does. In order to qualify for Permanent Residence you must spend at least 5 unbroken years in the UK. Unbroken periods are considered to be any more than 90 days in any one year. If a Permanent Residence run is broken the qualification period is reset.

Find out More

To find out more about Commonwealth Contractors call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!