English Language Test Provider Removed

Applications made after the 11th February 2010

The Test detailed above will not be accepted by the UK Border Agency at all past the 11th February 2010. Individuals who have taken the test should arrange to sit an alternative test before submitting an application otherwise they will find their application is rejected on the basis that 10 points cannot be awarded under the English Language Requirement. Government submission fees will not be reimbursed where an inadequate test has been provided.

Applications made before the 11th February 2010

Those that took the ‘Test in English for International Students’ and submitted a pass certificate with a Tier 1 or 2 application before the 11th February 2010 will receive a letter from the UKBA detailing what they need to do to gain an approval, so long as there are no other reasons to reject the application (e.g. Inadequate Previous Earnings under Tier 1 General).

Applicants will be given 10 weeks from the date of the UK Border Agency Letter to take a new satisfactory test and provide a copy of the original Test Certificate to the UKBA. For those that do not pass the new test on the first attempt the UKBA will not hold the application open so that another test can be taken.

Applicants are advised to take an IELTS Test.

Tier 1 and Tier 2 English Language Tests

In order to gain approval under Tier 1 or Tier 2 of the Points Based System an individual must prove that he or she can speak English to a satisfactory level; otherwise the application will be rejected. Their are three ways of proving English Language ability:

  1. The Individual comes from an English Speaking Country as defined by the UKBA (e.g. Australia, New Zealand, USA)
  2. The Individual holds a degree that was entirely taught in English and can be verified by UK NARIC
  3. The Individual holds an English Language Test which has been approved as meeting English Language Requirements by the UKBA

The pass mark for English Language is set at a higher level for Tier 1 (highly skilled) applications than Tier 2 (skilled) visa applications. At present a Tier 1 General Visa applicant must pass an English Language Test equivalent to C1 of the Council of Europe’s Common Framework for Language Learning (equivalent to a grade C or better at GCSE or an approximate overall band score of 6.5 on an IELTS exam).

Commonwealth Contractors

At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit).

For more information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *