In recent years Microsoft has come under significant pressure from competitors who offer free entry level versions of Office software, including Open Office. In the last year a number of large organisations have moved to cheaper alternatives from expensive Microsoft Licenses following the economic slowdown and many expect the trend to continue over the coming years. Microsoft is not alone in feeling the pressure, other companies such as Adobe are also under pressure from organisation such as Global Graphics who produce a gDoc application.
- Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition: Microsoft Office Home and Student Edition will include Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, One Note 2010, Office Web Apps. The boxed versions will retail at £109.99
- Microsoft Office Home and Business Edition: Microsoft Office Home and Business Edition will include Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, One Note 2010, Office Web Apps and Outlook 2010. The boxed versions will retail at £239.99
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition: Microsoft Office Professional Edition will include Word 2010, Excel 2010, PowerPoint 2010, One Note 2010, Office Web Apps, Outlook 2010, Publisher 2010 and Access 2010. The boxed versions will retail at £399.99
Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 will be the successor to Office 2007. The new version will be the first 64 bit Office application; however 64 bit is only achievable when using the Vista and Windows 7 operating systems. The new version is supposed to be more ‘role based’ than previous versions with features tailored to employee roles (e.g. accounts, sales, human resources etc). Confirmed features of Office 2010 include:
- Background Removal Tool
- Letter Styling
- Jump-lists in Windows 7
- Refined Ribbon interface and Backstage View
- New SmartArt templates
- New text and image editing effects
- Screen Capturing and Clipping tools
- Live collaboration functions
Further details of Office 2010 features are due to be released shortly. Commonwealth Contractors will provide updates once further information has been released.
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Immigration Firms who specialise in Tier 1 General (formerly HSMP) visa applications and extensions and Tier 2 Licensed IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor individuals on a Tier 2. If you are a highly skilled worker (especially Information Technology Professional and Medical workers (i.e. Doctors, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals etc)) and you would like to work in the United Kingdom Commonwealth Contractors can help.
For more information on Commonwealth Contractors services and solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you. Please send a copy of your latest CV with any email so that we can pass to our OISC Registered and Tier 2 Licensed Partners.