Tier 5 Extension to your Working Holiday Visa

If you are enjoying the UK on your Working Youth Mobility Visa,  aTier 5 extension is something we can help you with.

The usual next step is sponsorship of a Tier 2 Work Permit visa, which can later lead on to Indefinite leave to Remain (permanent residence) and then British nationality / passport.

The great thing about being on a Tier 5 working holiday visa is that it allows a UK client / employer to get to know your work, so you can get a foot in the door (and, by being helpful and charming, start accumulating favours owed to you by people), and it can all happen before they need to think ‘am I prepared to go to some extra effort for this person’?

Your main options will be

  • Work for a consultancy, which may be viable if you can bill >£250/day, and are in a sector suited to outsourcing, or
  • Work directly for an ‘End User’

In either case, unless you are in an occupation recognised as being in shortage, or have a very high salary (currently £150,000pa, although after April 2012 this figure may be reduced to £70-100k),  sponsorship will only be possible if a recruitment advertising campaign fails to find suitable local alternatives.

We partner with consulting companies who may be prepared to sponsor you if appropriate, and with OISC registered immigration professionals who can help if your employer apply for a sponsor licence if they do not already have one.

You can’t move from Tier 5 to Tier 2 within the UK, so plan on a trip home for visa stamping.

Find out More

To find out more about a Tier 5 extension and our visa solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!