Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa
Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa is for 18 – 30 year olds from qualifying nations (including Australia and New Zealand) who want to come to the UK to work and travel for up to 2 years. The visa is the new version of the old Working Holidaymaker Visa.
In this section we have provided detailed information on working in the UK on a Tier 5 visa and also options for remaining in the UK past the expiry of the visa. This guide includes the following pages:
- IT Consulting on a Tier 5 Visa
- Extending your UK stay when your Tier 5 runs out
- Transferring to Tier 1 General (no longer possible)
- Transferring to Tier 2 General
- Transferring to Tier 1 Entrepreneur
- Transferring to Tier 1 Exceptional Talent
If you are a highly skilled IT, Engineering, or Financial Services professional currently working in the UK on a Tier 5 Youth Mobility visa Commonwealth Contractor may be able to help you move to a Tier 2 General Visa.
To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!
Countries participating in the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme (2012)
The following table shows the total number of places available in 2012. Please note that Taiwan is a new inclusion on the list. The country joined at the start of 2012.
** Please note that South Africa does not participate in the Tier 5 Youth Mobility Scheme.
To qualify for a Tier 5 Youth Mobility you must score 50 points from 3 points scoring areas:
- Nationality (30 Points Available)
- Age (10 Points Available)
- Maintenance Funds (10 Points Available
Nationality (30 Points Available)
You will score 30 points if you hold a passport from one of the following countries:
- New Zealand
Age (10 Points Available)
You will score 10 points if you are:
- Under 31 years old when you apply for your visa, AND
- Are at least 18 years old on the date when your visa becomes valid
Maintenance Funds (10 Points Available
To satisfy the Tier 5 maintenance requirement you must have at least £1,600 in available cash funds in a personal bank account. Please note that funds are converted to sterling using http://www.oanda.com/
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!