Are you an IT Contractor? Do you hold a Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visa? If so Commonwealth Contractors has partners that can help you to (1) maximise your retention while on Tier 5, AND (2) work towards a long term Tier 2 General Visa (formerly Work Permit)!
At Commonwealth Contractors we understand IT contractors on Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visas. Over the years we have helped thousands of Australians and New Zealanders to maximise retention whilst on contract and transition to Tier 2 General in order to stay in the UK long term.
If you need an expat contracting solution or your visa is expiring call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!
Expat Contracting Solutions
Traditionally there are two contracting solutions designed to deal with contract income;
- A readymade Umbrella Company, AND
- A Contractor Limited Company (for those outside IR35)
Both are designed for normal UK resident contractors and both are largely inadequate for expat contractors. For this reason we have partnered with those offering contractor solutions specifically for highly skilled professionals on Tier 5 Youth Mobility Visas.
The Solutions include;
- Market leading retention rates
- A simple and straightforward transition to Tier 2 General (3 year visa)
- Expat expenses (including where applicable)
- Accommodation and Utilities when at a temporary workplace
- Flights Home
- Visa Costs (reclaim the cost of Government submission fees)
- Site Based Travel (for temporary workplaces)
- Site Based Subsistence (for temporary workplaces)
- Computer Hardware and Software
- Business Telecoms
- Manuals, Textbooks and Industry Subscriptions
- Professional Training and Development Costs
- Postage and Stationary
- Solutions to allow you to deliver projects in mainland Europe
- Up to date Immigration advice and guidance
- Help with National Insurance Numbers
- Help opening a UK Bank Account
Umbrella Company and Limited Company Drawbacks
Both standard Umbrella Companies and Contractor Limited Companies have major drawbacks for expat contractors.
For example a normal umbrella company will undoubtedly offer a low level retention rate as it is unable to allow larger expat expenses such as accommodation and flights home (only basic travel and subsistence expenses will be allowed). And in the case of a contractor limited company you may be hit with an unexpected surprise as Double Tax treaties do not always give the same benefits for dividend income that they do for PAYE earnings; this is particulary relevant for Australian nationals.
If you would like to discuss your situation with a professional please get in contact asap.
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!