Do you work for a company that would like to send you to the UK to set up a wholly owned subsidiary or registered UK branch? If so you may be able to qualify for a UK Sole Representative Visa.
Please note that a Sole Representative Visa would not be suitable in a situation where a non UK firm agreed a service contract with a UK based organisation and wished to send a representative to the UK to deliver services or work parcels. If your company is in this situation please contact Commonwealth Contractors for details of suitable solutions.
To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details & our partners e will get right back to you!
Qualifying for a Sole Representative Visa
To qualify for a Sole Representative Visa you must:
- Have been recruited & employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters & principle place of business is outside the UK
- Not intend to take employment in the UK
- Be able to maintain yourself and any dependents without requiring access to public funds
- Be a senior employee (but not a majority shareholder in the company) who intends to establish a commercial presence for the company in the UK (the branch or subsidiary must be in the same type of business activity as the parent company)
- Have full authority to take operational decisions on the company’s behalf
- Be able to demonstrate a very good track record in the same or a closely related field of work
- Be able to demonstrate your English Language ability
Please note the Sole Representative Visa is only intended for an individual, therefore you cannot apply if the business already has a UK branch, subsidiary or other representative already in the UK.
Applying for a Sole Representative Visa
To apply for a Sole Representative Visa you must provide:
- A full description of the parent company’s activities, including details of assets & accounts
- Your own job description, contract or employment & salary details
- Evidence that:
- You are directly employed by the parent company
- You have been employed by the parent company for some time and that you hold a senior post
- You were recruited by the parent company outside the UK and intend to work full time as a representative of the company in the UK
- You are not a majority shareholder in the parent company
- You do not intend to carry out any other work while you are in the UK
- You can maintain and accommodate yourself and any dependents
- You are competent in English (degree certificate, passport or English language test required)
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!