‘Out of Country’ Tier 2 applications are used where a UK Employer wishes to employ a Non EEA national who does not have an existing status that will allow him or her to move to the new visa in country.
Since almost all out of country Tier 2 General applications fall under the Immigration Cap the employer must first apply for a ‘restricted’ Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) before an applicant can submit a Tier 2 application overseas.
Are you a highly skilled IT, Engineering, Medical or Financial Services Professional? Do you need a Tier 2 General visa for the UK? If so Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help! We partner with Tier 2 Licensed employers and consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual under Tier 2 General.
To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!
The ‘Out of Country’ Application Process
The length of time it takes to get a visa approved out of county depends upon;
- When in the month the employer applies for the restricted Certificate of Sponsorship (the cut off for restricted CoS applications is the 5th of each month. If the employer is ready to apply on the 3rd of the month the CoS will be approved within 9-10 days. However if the employer submits the application on say the 6th of the month the process will take around 40 days).
- In which country the applicant is submitting the application (visa submission centres in Australia, New Zealand, the USA, Canada etc process in around 3 to 10 days, however centres in Pakistan, Russia etc can take up to 3 months).
The general process associated with gaining an out of country visa is;
- The employer applies for a ‘restricted’ CoS before the 5th of the month
- The UKBA consider the application and normally approve it within 7 days
- A CoS is credited to the employer’s Sponsor Management System – this can take a few days from having the CoS approved
- An online visa application is submitted by the applicant and a submission slot for the provision of biometrics is booked with a VFS Global or WorldBridge submission centre in the applicants home country
- The applicant attends the slot on the required day and provides biometric information (i.e. fingerprints and a digital photo)
- Once biometric information has been provided the applicant can submit the full and final application with all supporting documents
- The British Diplomatic Post in the country considers the application – see the following link for details of processing times (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/customs-travel/beforetravel/visas/processing-times/)
- The approved application is sent back to the applicant with a Tier 2 General visa stamped in the passport
- The visa holder can then travel to the UK to begin work
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!