Contracting on a Tier 1 PSW Visa

Do you hold a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa? Would you like to work as a professional IT, Engineering, or Financial Services Contractor, or Medical Locum in the United Kingdom? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help!

At Commonwealth Contractors we work with partners with solutions specifically designed for highly skilled individuals on Tier 1 Post Study Work visas. Consultants who work with us benefit from:

  • The ability to transition to Tier 2 General (UK Work Permit) from Tier 1 PSW
  • 3 Year Tier 2 General Visa approved (where appropriate), extendible to 5 years, and then to Permanent Residence (Indefinite Leave to Remain or ILR)
  • A dedicated Account Manager
  • International Contracting Solutions. Work in not only the UK but also the continental EU including:
    • Germany
    • The Republic of Ireland
    • Belgium
    • The Netherlands
    • France
  • Claimable Business Expenses to boost net retention, including;
    • Accommodation while at a temporary workplace
    • Flights & Relocation Expenses
    • Site Based Travel & Subsistence
    • Visa Costs (where applicable)
    • Computer Supplies
    • Business Telecoms
    • Postage & Stationary
  • Up to date Immigration Advice and Assistance

To find out more about contracting on a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!

Should I work as a Contractor?

Working as a Contractor can be a great way to build experience quickly and get to where you want to be faster, however it’s not for everyone. If you’re a recent graduate with no prior work experience your best option will be to join a graduate training scheme with an End User employer. If however you already have a few years experience and you have gone back to University to study a post graduate qualification working as a Contractor can act as a great springboard for your career!

Transfer from Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Now that Tier 1 General has been scrapped your only real option for remaining in the UK past the expiry of your Tier 1 Post Study visa is to secure a Tier 2 General Visa with a licensed UK employer.

If you are considering this option it is very important that you plan any transition out well in advance as leaving things until the last minute can cause big problems. Our partners normally look to employ individuals for a minimum period of 6 months prior to assigning an unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship and taking care of a Tier 2 application.

If you are interested in transferring to Tier 2 General from a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa please get in contact right away. Planning more than 6 months in advance of your visa expiry can make a big difference

Find out More

To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!