Key points from the survey:
- 49% of people are interested in working overseas due to the health of the British Economy
- 61% of people would be happy to take a cut in salary in order to secure a new position
- 67% of people think that employers are in the strongest position in the hiring process in 2011
- 63% of people would be prepared to take a step back in their career if it meant getting a new job at the current time
- 78% of people believe that the private sector will not be able to make up for the slack created in the public sector
- 63% of people feel that UK companies don’t really care about their employees
The Managing Director of TheLadders.co.uk, Derek Pilcher, said that “Although this survey shows that today’s job seeker is generally somewhat pessimistic, it is equally important to realise that there remains good news as well as bad, within the current UK jobs market. The latest Report on Jobs from the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and KPMG showed that average starting salaries reached an eight month high. It appears that employers in the private sector are waking up and competing harder for candidates, especially in the IT, engineering and finance spheres.”
Recently the latest JobsMarket survey conducted by the Recruitment and Employment Confederation (REC) and KPMG showed that both permanent and temporary staff appointments rose at a slower rate in March 2011 when compared with February 2011. According to the survey permanent staff vacancies rose at the fastest pace since April 2010, contract staff billings increased at the sharpest rate since July 2007, permanent salary inflation accelerated to an 8 month high while growth of contract pay remained muted.
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). If you are a highly skilled International professional and you would like to work in the UK Commonwealth Contractors can help. Our OISC Registered Partners specialise in Tier 1 General (formerly Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) visa applications and can assist those highly skilled individuals that either wish to apply or extend a Tier 1 General Visa.
For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you. Please see other areas of the Commonwealth Contractors site for interesting articles on tax, immigration and contracting.