HCL Welcomes Calls By BMA For Review Of Overseas Doctor Processes

The focus of BMA efforts seem to be directed at those Doctors from within the European Economic Area (EEA) rather than outside. At the present time Doctors from outside the EEA (e.g. India, South Africa, Pakistan etc) must undergo tough English Language tests and pass a two part PLAB test with the GMC in order to qualify for registration. Due to the European labour laws Doctors from within the European Economic Area do not have so many restrictions placed on them causing concern within the public and private Healthcare sectors.

The Executive Chairman of Health Care Locums (HCL), Kate Bleasdale, said that “Demographic trends suggest that the National Health Service will need more, not less, overseas workers in coming years. The UK population is ageing and will need more frequent and acute care – we now have more people aged over 65 in the UK than we do under 16, and the number of over-65s is expected to double in the next 20 years.”

Commonwealth Contractors

At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). If you are a highly skilled International professional and you would like to work in the UK Commonwealth Contractors can help. Our OISC Registered Partners specialise in Tier 1 General (formerly Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) visa applications and can assist those highly skilled individuals that either wish to apply or extend a Tier 1 General Visa.

For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 90210330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you.