New PBS Guidance Documents Released

Key Changes

  • Tier 2 (formerly UK Work Permit):
    • Clarification of SOC codes 2411 and 1112 (covering Director, Chief Executive & Legal Partner roles in relation to the Resident Labour Market Test
    • Clarification on the policy covering Tier 1 (Post Study Work) to Tier 2 (General) switching applications
    • A Rated Tier 2 Licensed Companies can now confirm on the Certificate of Sponsorship that they will maintain and accommodate the migrant (rather than provide a Maintenance Letter)
  • Tier 2 & Tier 5:
    • Updated information on when a sponsor has to report a change of salary
  • Tier 4 (Student):
    • References to Visa Letters removed
    • Clarification that overseas agents and representatives are not permitted to assign a confirmation of acceptance of studies
    • Reminder that if a student’s leave was granted on the basis of a confirmation of acceptance for studies, the sponsor must report changes using the sponsorship management system
    • Details on the sponsors responsibilities relating to authorised and unauthorised absences
    • Update to the process for suspending a sponsor licence

For more information on the changes please see the UK Border Agency’s website.

Tier 2 (Work Permit) Documents

The following documents relate to Tier 2 applications made in the United Kingdom (i.e. extensions of stay under Tier 2 or switching):

Tier 4 (General) Documents

The following documents relate to applications made under the ‘General’ subcategory of Tier 4 (Student):

Tier 4 (Child) Documents

The following documents relate to applications made under the ‘Child’ subcategory of Tier 4 (Student):

Dependent Documents

Commonwealth Contractors

At Commonwealth Contractors we work with OISC Registered Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare & IT Consultancies. Our Consultancy Partners hold ‘A Rated’ Licenses and may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a Tier 2 General Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). Our OISC Registered Immigration Partners specialise in Tier 1 Visa Applications and Extensions (formerly the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) for professional consultants working in the UK and abroad. If you are a Medical Professional (Doctor, Nurse, Allied Health Professional) or an IT Professionals our partners may be able to assist you.

For more Information on Commonwealth Contractors call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *