Tier 2 (Work Permit) Sponsors Only
‘A Rated’ Tier 2 Licensed Sponsors will be able to confirm that the organisation will cover the Maintenance Requirement for a prospective worker.
In order to qualify under Tier 2 General a migrant must score 50 points for Attributes and satisfy the mandatory English Language & Maintenance requirements. In order to pass the Maintenance Requirement a worker either:
- Proves that they have satisfactory funds (£800 for the main applicant, £533 per dependent – funds must be in the applicants bank account for a full 90 days prior to application), OR
- An ‘A Rated’ Tier 2 Licensed Sponsor can validate the requirement, thereby guaranteeing that if the worker gets into financial difficulties the employer will be responsible rather than the worker requiring public funds.
At present Tier 2 Sponsors provide Maintenance Letters to migrant workers in order to validate the maintenance requirement. This change may mean that A Rated Sponsors no longer have to provide a formal letter.
B Rated Sponsors are unable to validate the Maintenance Requirement on behalf of a worker
Tier 2 (Work Permit) & Tier 5 Sponsors Only
- Sponsors will be able to create, assign and pay for Certificates in batches, rather than individually. This will reduce administration for large employers who wish to employ many skilled migrants at one time
- Sponsors will be able to carry over information where they have already sponsored a worker and wish to re-apply
- Level 1 users will be able to transfer single, group or batch certificates between the sponsor’s users
Tier 2 (Work Permit), Tier 4 (Student) & Tier 5 Sponsors
- Sponsors will be able to send a ‘Sponsor Note’ to the UKBA informing them of any minor changes to a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) or Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) before the individual uses the document to apply for a visa – Minor changes may include certain amendments to a job description, or a summary of a Client contract i.e. the work site has changed to a new location however the client remains the same
- Sponsors will be able to input batch CoS or CAS information based on a previous CoS or CAS. This will reduce the administrative burden for large employers
If you are a skilled Information Technology or Healthcare professional Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help you apply for a Tier 1 General Visa (formerly HSMP) or Tier 2 (Work Permit) Sponsorship. We work with a number of International Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a worker under Tier 2 General AND OISC Registered Immigration Partners who can professional prepare and represent an individual for a Tier 1 General visa application or extension.
For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get back to you