In Country Tier 2 Applications
In Country’ Tier 2 General applications are used where an applicant is either; (1) switching immigration category, OR (2) changing employment from one Tier 2 sponsor to another, OR (3) extending existing Tier 2 leave with the same employer.
To submit an application you will need to secure an ‘unrestricted’ Certificate of Sponsorship from a Tier 2 licensed employer and then either:
- Post an application to the UKBA for processing (3-4 weeks normally required), OR
- Go to a Public Enquiry Office (PEO) to submit a Premium Tier 2 Application (this is a same day service although slots must be booked weeks in advance).
If you are an IT, Engineering, Medical or Financial Services professional currently working in the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa or a status which allows you to switch into Tier 2 and you would like to work as a professional consultant please get in contact right away!
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with Tier 2 Licensed employers and consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a highly skilled individual on a Tier 2 General Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). To find out more call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0800 294 4388 or Submit your Details and our partners will get right back to you!
General In Country Application Process
In order to submit an in country Tier 2 application you will need to follow this general process:
- Gain an ‘Unrestricted’ Certificate of Sponsorship from the employer – To do this the employer will need to satisfy all mandatory Tier 2 requirements (i.e. completing a Resident Labour Market Test (where required), using the appropriate SOC code, deciding upon a satisfactory Tier 2 salary, gaining suitable employment docs etc
- Prepare a Tier 2 General Application – You will need to complete a Tier 2 application form (http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier2/general/applying/) and attach supporting documents to validate the application
Postal Application Process
- Post the full and final application to The UK Border Agency (at the address on the form at the time of applying)
- Following submission the UKBA will:
- Take payment from the debit / credit card used to pay for the application
- Send out a letter of receipt and an invitation to provide biometrics
- Attend a UKBA Biometric Enrolment Centre to provide your biometric information
- Following submission of biometric information the UKBA will:
- Casework the application (2-3 weeks required)
- Post the approved application with Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) to the correspondence address detailed on the application
Premium Application process
- Book a submission slot with a UK Border Agency Public Enquiry Office (PEO) – You will normally need to do this at least 2 weeks in advance. Please note that for locations such as Croydon it is normally very difficult to book an appointment as an individual therefore you will normally need to pay extra to use an OISC registered Immigration Courier
- On the required day go to the PEO to provide biometric information (i.e. fingerprints and a digital photo) – Please note that if you are applying with dependents all applicants will need to attend the appointment in person to provide biometrics prior to the application submission
- Submit the full and final application to a UKBA representative
For Premium Applications the UKBA will casework the application on the same day and will normally provide an approval letter by 5pm. Biometric Residence Permits (BRPs) are then posted out 2-5 working days later.
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0800 294 4388 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!