Business Visas are designed for those that are coming to the UK to do such things as conduct business meetings, give presentations to prospective clients, attend interviews etc. They do not allow an individual to actually work in the UK.
If you are an IT, Engineering, Medical or Financial Services professional and you would like to work in the UK or deliver services to an existing UK client please contact us immediately for details of suitable visas and solutions.
To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you.
Permitted ‘Business Visa’ Activities
You can come to the UK as a business visitor if you intend to carry out any of the following:
- Attending meetings and conferences (including interviews that have been arranged prior to travelling)
- Arranging deals, or negotiating or signing trade agreements or contracts
- Undertaking fact-finding missions
- Conducting site visits
- Delivering goods and passengers from abroad (e.g. lorry driver, coach driver etc)
- Accompanying a tour group as a tour group courier
- Speaking at a ‘one-off’ conference where this is not run as a commercial concern
- Representing a foreign manufacturer by coming to service or repair its products
- Representing a foreign machine manufacturer by coming to erect and install machinery too heavy to be delivered in one piece
- interpreting or translating for visiting business persons
- Attending board meetings in the UK as a board-level director
- Representing a computer software company by coming to install, debug or enhance their products. Note – If work is of a detailed nature it is considered ‘consultancy work’, for which a visa under the points-based system is required
Applying for a Business Visa
To apply you must show that:
- You are 18+ year old
- You intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months
- You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit
- You have enough money to support yourself without requiring public funds
- You are based abroad and do not intend to transfer your base to the UK
- You receive your salary from abroad
- You are not replacing someone in the UK
- You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- You are not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands)
- You do not intend to take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public
- You do not do a course of study
- You do not marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or receive private medical treatment.
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!