In the forward Theresa May, George Osborne & William Hague confirm that ‘Our approach to securing our border and controlling immigration impacts on the security, social and economic interests of the UK. We will protect the border and ensure that Britain remains open for business.’
‘Immigration has enriched our culture and strengthened our economy, but it must be controlled so that people have confidence in the system. Our coalition agreement therefore committed us to introducing an annual limit on the number of non-EU economic migrants coming to UK to live and work. Britain will welcome the talented, the skilled and the entrepreneurial as we have always done. Within the limit we will seek to attract the entrepreneurs, high quality students and elite researchers needed to help British business compete globally.’
UKBA Business Plan Objectives
- Limit the number of non-EU economic migrants admitted into the UK to live and work
- Create a new National Crime Agency, including a border policing command
- Implement changes to speed up processing of asylum applications
- Strengthen the system of granting student and spouse visas
- End the detention of children for immigration purposes
- Stop deporting asylum seekers whose sexual orientation or gender identification puts them at proven risk in specific countries
- Develop e-Borders and reintroduce exit checks
- Deliver the strategic defence and security review
- Implement the new drugs strategy
The plan also includes details of how the UK Border Agency will become more transparent with seven new indicators:
- Cost per passenger processed at the border
- Cost per decision for all permanent and temporary migration applications
- Net migration to the UK
- Annual level of revenue that is protected through detecting goods on which excise duty has not been declared
- Clearance of passengers at the border within published standards
- Percentage of migration applications decided within published standards
- Percentage of asylum applications concluded in one year
To download a copy of the UKBA Business Plan for April 2011 to March 2015 please click here.
Commonwealth Contractors is a collection of highly skilled professionals from the Commonwealth and beyond. We partner with OISC Registered Immigration Partners capable of professionally representing a Tier 1 Visa Application / Extension and Tier 2 Licensed Consultancy & Associated Trust Partners who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a doctor on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). Commonwealth Contractors also provides updates on UK Immigration News.
To find out more call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get back to you. Please be prepared to send a copy of a recent CV so that we can pass to interested partners.