Key JobsOutlook Figures:
- 21% of employers said that they will be adding to their headcounts during the course of 2011
- 74% said that they plan to keep their workforce numbers static in 2011
- 5% intend to reduce their permanent and temporary headcount during the course of the year
- 95% expect to grow or keep their permanent headcount the same over the course of the next 3 months
- 32% plan to grow their agency workforce over the next 12 month
- 20% intend to increase their temporary staff within the next three months
The REC’s Director of Research, Roger Tweedy, said that “It is encouraging to see that employers are setting great store in building flexibility into their workforces for the short and long term while the economy remains in such a fragile state. Over the coming year, temporary work will continue to provide an important route back into the labour market. Though the labour market does show signs of stabilising, the first three months of this year could see a few jitters which is why the majority of employers are planning to keep their permanent workforce static. The public sector squeeze, together with the increase in VAT and slowing economic growth means that this caution is understandable – in fact we may have expected businesses to be more cautious about hiring in the short term. However, the feedback from recruitment professionals confirms that fluidity is returning to the jobs market. The fact that 20 per cent of employers are planning to increase staffing levels over the coming year is an encouraging sign but real concerns remain with regards to the ability of the private sector to absorb expected cuts in the public sector.”
The survey results comes a few days before the latest unemployment figures are due to be announced.
Commonwealth Contractors is a collection of highly skilled professionals from the Commonwealth and beyond. We partner with OISC Registered Immigration Partners capable of professionally representing a Tier 1 Visa Application / Extension and Tier 2 Licensed Consultancy & Associated Trust Partners who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a doctor on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit).
Commonwealth Contractors also provides updates on UK Immigration News. To find out more call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get back to you. Please be prepared to send a copy of a recent CV so that we can pass to interested partners.