The report says that:
- At least 20,000 people die early as a result of cancers, lung disorders, traffic accidents, exposure to chemicals/fumes etc
- Just over 8,000 deaths are caused each year by occupational cancers
- Roughly 1.2 million people working in the UK suffer from work related illnesses such as stress, back paid, neck pain, heart disease, depression, anxiety etc
- Red tape surrounding health and safety should not be reduced by the Government
- A Health and Safety ‘tsar’ should be appointed by the Government
Brendan Barber, TUC General Secretary, said that “Despite the way that health and safety is often pilloried, for those who are made ill or injured at work and for the relatives of those who have died as a result of their work, health and safety is no joke. Regulation works, as long as it is enforced, and it saves lives and prevents the contraction of unnecessary illnesses. That is why the UK continues to need strong regulation and enforcement.”
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). If you are a highly skilled International professional and you would like to work in the UK Commonwealth Contractors can help. Our OISC Registered Partners specialise in Tier 1 General (formerly Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) visa applications and can assist those highly skilled individuals that either wish to apply or extend a Tier 1 General Visa.
For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you.