UKBA: Knowledge of Language & Life Changes

In order for an individual to apply for Settlement in the United Kingdom he or she must demonstrate satisfactory knowledge of English Language and Life in the UK. To do this the applicant can either:

  • Pass a ‘Life in the UK’ Test, OR (if the applicants level of English is below ESOL Entry Level 3)
  • Obtain an Approved English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) qualification

From today an applicant will only satisfy the ESOL requirement if he or she:

  • Attends a course provided by an approved awarding body at an ‘accredited college’. An ‘accredited college’ is:
    • A publicly funded college subject to inspection by Ofsted
    • A private college accredited by:
      • Accreditation UK
      • The British Accreditation Council (BAC)
      • The Accreditation Body for Language Services (ABLS)
      • The Accreditation Service for International Colleges (ASIC)
  • Demonstrates progression in the standard of English Language by at least one level
  • Attends an ESOL course which was taught using specified citizenship materials

Commonwealth Contractors

Commonwealth Contractors is a collection of highly skilled professionals from the Commonwealth and beyond. We partner with OISC Registered Immigration Partners capable of professionally representing Tier 1 Visa Applications / Extensions and Tier 2 Licensed Consultancy & Associated Trust Partners who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a Medical, Information Technology or Engineering Professional on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit).

To find out more call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you. Please be prepared to send a copy of a recent CV so that we can pass to interested partners.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *