If you are a highly skilled professional (especially in Information Technology, Healthcare and Engineering) and you wish to work in the United Kingdom please Submit your Details or call now on 0330 390 9021. Please be prepared to send a copy of your most up to date CV.
Occupations proposed to be added to the Shortage Occupation List
- Pharmacist category be expanded to include community pharmacists (those who work for employers other than the NHS)
Occupations proposed to be removed from the Shortage Occupation List
- Orchestral Musicians jobs that are not for leaders or principles of internationally recognised UK orchestras
Current Medical Roles detailed on the Shortage Occupation List
The UK Border Agency (UKBA) seeks to update the Shortage Occupation List every 6 months following recommendations from the Migration Advisory Committee (MAC). The MAC has recommended that the Healthcare roles detailed on the shortage Occupation List remain the same.
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies. Our Healthcare Consultancy Partners are often willing to sponsor almost any FY2 or above healthcare professionals on Tier 2 Visas (formerly UK Work Permits). If you are a Healthcare Professional and you work in one of the roles detailed below your skills will be deemed to be in shortage in the United Kingdom.
- Consultant Level Skill Shortages
- Audiological Medicine
- Genito – Urinary Medicine
- Medical Microbiology & Virology
- Nuclear Medicine
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Occupational Medicine
- Paediatric Surgery
- Forensic Psychiatry
- General Psychiatry
- Learning Disabilities Psychiatry
- Old Age Psychiatry
- Radiology (in Scotland only)
- ST4 Level Skill Shortages
- Trainees in Paediatrics
- Non Consultant, Non Training Level Skill Shortages
- Paediatrics & General Medicine Specialities delivering acute care services:
- Intensive Care Medicine
- General Internal Medicine (Acute)
- Emergency Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery
- Nursing Occupations
- Specialist Nurses working in Operating Theatres
- Operating Department Practitioner
- Specialist Nurses working in Neonatal Intensive Care Units
Commonwealth Contractors is a collection of highly skilled professionals from the Commonwealth and beyond. We partner with OISC Registered Immigration Partners capable of professionally representing a Tier 1 Visa Application / Extension and Tier 2 Licensed Consultancy & Associated Trust Partners who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor a doctor on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit).
To find out more call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you. Please be prepared to send a copy of a recent CV so that we can pass to interested partners.