Out of Country ECAA Visa Applications
On the 7th September 2009 the UK Border Agency opened up a new route for Turkish Nationals applying under the provisions of the ECAA agreement. Until this date an application could only be made where a Turkish National was already in the United Kingdom, the new route opened the visa up to Turkish Nationals applying from outside the UK. The change followed the findings of the European Court of Justice in relation to the Tum & Dari case. At this time the UK Border Agency announced that from April 2010 some Turkish Nationals already in the UK would not be allowed to switch into the Turkish ECAA business category, only visitors (those already present with permission to run a business and other exceptional cases).
Switching into the ECAA Business Category (Current Requirements)
To be allowed to switch in country you must be able to show that:
- You have the required skills and ability to establish your proposed business
- You will have sufficient fund to establish yourself in business (bank statements required)
- You will be able to bear your share of the costs of running the company (i.e. cover its liabilities)
- The profits generated from the business will be enough to support yourself and any dependents without needing to find alternative employment for which you would normally require a Work Permit
If you intend to join an existing partnership or company you must also show that:
- You will have an active role in running the company
- That there is a genuine need for your services and investment
You will also need to provide accounts for the business for the prior year
If the application meets the requirements you will be given permission to remain in the UK under the ECAA agreement for an initial 12 months
Find Out More
If you are a skilled Turkish National and you would like to open a business in the UK under the terms of the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA) Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help. We partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and experienced Chartered Accountants who can ensure that a business is set up in the right way and a professional visa application is submitted. Many highly skilled IT professionals in particular find the ECAA visa route a great alternative to Work Permit employment.
For more information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get back to you!