Tier 4 Suspended in India (North)
The Visa Processing Centres that have been affected by the suspension are:
- North India:
- New Delhi
Jeremy Oppenheim, the head of the Points Based System at the UK Border Agency said “The points-based system gives us the flexibility to act to maintain the integrity of the visa system, while processing legitimate applications fairly, thoroughly and as quickly as possible. We continually check and monitor all student applications and education providers to ensure that they meet the required standards set by the points-based system. As a result of this routine monitoring and an increase in applications, we have temporarily stopped accepting new applications from North India, Nepal and Bangladesh while we carry out an investigation to ensure they are all genuine. We will take tough action against those who attempt to abuse the system.”
Visa Processing Statistics
In the final 3 months of 2009 the three Indian Visa Processing Centres dealt with a total 12,320 Tier 4 Visa Applications. In December the only centre to see a significant increase in the number of applications was Jalandhar which recorded 943 more applications in December than in November.
- In December 2009 the Centre dealt with 593 Tier 4 applications
- In November 2009 the Centre dealt with 806 Tier 4 applications
- In October 2009 the Centre dealt with 979 Tier 4 applications
- In December 2009 the Centre dealt with 2,150 Tier 4 applications
- In November 2009 the Centre dealt with 1,207 Tier 4 applications
- In October 2009 the Centre dealt with 1,498 Tier 4 applications
- In December 2009 the Centre dealt with 1,919 Tier 4 applications
- In November 2009 the Centre dealt with 1,344 Tier 4 applications
- In October 2009 the Centre dealt with 1,824 Tier 4 applications
Each month Commonwealth Contractors produces Visa Processing Statistcis relating to Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 4 & Tier 5.
Commonwealth Contractors represents highly skilled professionals from the Commonwealth and beyond. We partner with a number of UK based Agencies & Consultancies who require the services of highly skilled professionals with skills difficult to find in the UK. If you are a UK based Agency and you wish to advertise a highly skilled role on Commonwealth Contractors please Submit your details now and we will get right back to you.
For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you. Please be prepared to send a current CV so that we can pass details to our Agency and Consultancy Partners.