Tier 2 Visa Extension Applications
A Tier 2 Visa Extension of 2 years can be granted following on from the initial Tier 2 General Visa period of 3 years. The application process is normally straightforward since an individual will simply be applying to extend their leave with an established Tier 2 Sponsor.
In order to apply for a Tier 2 General Visa extension your sponsor will need to assign an unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship and you will need to use it to apply for an extension. At present the sponsor does not need to conduct another Resident Labour Market Test (RLMT) prior to assigning the CoS however this may change in the future.
Do you hold a Tier 2 General Visa? Are you looking to switch your employment to another company that will offer greater opportunities for advancement? If so Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help!
We partner with Tier 2 Licensed employers and consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual under Tier 2 General. To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!
In order to qualify for a Tier 2 Visa extension you need to score 70 points, of which:
- 50 Points must be awarded for Attributes (Certificate of Sponsorship and Earnings)
- 10 Points must be awarded for English Language
- 10 Points must be awarded for Maintenance
For a Tier 2 Visa extension claiming points is straightforward as you will be awarded:
- 30 Points for the Certificate of Sponsorship – If you are doing the same job for the same sponsor the employer does not need to complete a Resident Labour Market Test
- 20 Points for Earnings – All Tier 2 salaries should be above the minimum £20k threshold (however some exemptions apply)
- 10 Points for Maintenance – As you already have leave as a Tier 2 Migrant you do not need to provide any additional evidence to show that you can maintain and accommodate you and your family
- 10 Points for English Language – As you are an existing Tier 2 migrant and you have previously provided evidence that you meet the requirement
The Application Process
The basic step by step application process for Tier 2 extensions is as follows:
- The Tier 2 Licensed Sponsor assigns an unrestricted Certificate of Sponsorship
- The individual prepares and submits a Tier 2 extension application either:
- By Post, OR
- In Person at a Public Enquiry Office
- Biometric Information is provided (fingerprints and digital photo) to confirm that you are the correct person applying for the extension
- The application is case worked by the UKBA and approved
- All migrants are issued with a Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) rather than having a vignette stamped in a passport
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!