Overseas Visa Applications
If you’re applying for a Work Visa from outside the UK you will normally need to submit an application in your home country through one of the UK Border Agency’s commercial partners (i.e. VFS Global or WorldBridge Services).
VFS Global and WorldBridge Services (a CSC organisation) manage visa application centres on behalf of the UKBA in 48 countries around the world. They are intended to offer a number of different services to make the process of applying for a visa easier, including; collecting visa fees & biometrics, providing information to applicants, entering data into the UKBA’s casework system, submitting an application to the UKBA for a decision etc.
Please note that commercial partners DO NOT make decisions on behalf of the UKBA, they simply facilitate the transfer of information.
If you are interested in working in the UK on a Tier 2 General Visa call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you! We partner with Tier 2 Licensed Employers and Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 General Visa.
The Process of Applying for a Tier 2 General Visa
- Complete and submit an online application in respect of all applicants using the UKBA’s online application system (http://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk/ApplyNow.aspx). The system effectively replaces the paper based VAF9 and VAF10 Forms
- Book a slot online for the submission of Biometrics
- Pay the Government Submission fee online (where supported)
- Print off PDF copies of final visa applications. The final copies include a barcode which will be scanned on your arrival at either the VFS Global or WorldBridge office
- Prepare all supporting documents in respect of an application, i.e.:
- Passport Photos
- Employment Documents (e.g. Offer Letters etc
- Marriage Certificates
- Birth Certificates
- Fully completed ‘Appendix 5 – Skilled Worker’ form for all primary Tier 2 General visa applicants
- Bank Statements (where applicable)
- Degree Copies
- University Letters
- English Language Test (where applicable)
- Attend the Biometric Submission appointment on the required day. You will need to provide fingerprints and a digital photograph. The process should only take around 5 minutes.
- Submit the final visa application once Biometric Information has been provided. Make sure you have taken a full scan or photocopy of all application documents
- Wait for approval
Once the visa application has been approved you should take a full colour scan of all visa certificates (in your passport) and forward to either your employer or an OISC registered Immigration advisor to ensure that everything is in order.
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!