Tier 2 for expats going into a perm role with a client that needs to get a new sponsor licence.

If you are a recruiter, and your clients wants to hire an expat, but doesn’t have a sponsor licence, help is at hand. 

To have the best chance of success, your client must be prepared to assign someone as a ‘point of contact’ to project manage the process of obtaining the needed supporting documents and signing off on the application (even though a professional advisor can draft the application)

We will need to prove that they are a genuine business, with a genuine need to employ someone (which is likely to be the case if they are paying a recruiter good money to help find someone), and also that they have the right HR systems & processes to prevent illegal working & carry out the duties of a sponsoring employer.  Most small and medium sized companies will probably need to improve their HR processes before applying. We can arrange help with that too, and the changes should also bring general business benefits.

As well as helping get the client a sponsor licence, help can include:

  • Assessing candidate suitability / eligibility (also checking whether the candidate may be able to get a visa through family or other routes that don’t need your client to sponsor)
  • Assessing the role, whether it qualifies as a ‘Shortage Occupation’, and the ‘Sector Occupation Classification’ code that best fits
  • The ‘Resident Labour Market Test’ (ie advertising the role to give locals a fair opportunity to apply, and being sure that any local applicants are considered properly)
  • Requesting the allocation of a Restricted CoS, if needed
  • Certificate of Sponsorship Drafting
  • ‘Appendix D pack’: The documents & copies that a sponsor needs to keep
  • Helping the individual (and family members, if needed), with their visa application once the employer has assigned a Certificate of Sponsorship.  This can also include:
    • Checking that there is suitable proof of English Language skills (even when someone speaks perfect English and has been working in English for years, they need to provide paperwork to prove their language skills and may need to take a test to get a suitable certificate)
    • Checking if there is a need for a TB test, and advising on the details if one is needed. 

To get your client the help they need, please complete the form below