UK Ancestry Visas also known as UK Ancestral Visa
Are you a Commonwealth Citizen? Do you have a Grandparent who was born in the UK? If so you may be able to apply for a 5 year UK Ancestry Visa!
If you’re a professional IT, Engineering or Finance Services Contractor from a Commonwealth country it‘s well worth finding out whether you have any ancestral ties to the UK. If you do you may be able to apply for a UK Ancestry Visa also known as UK Ancestral Visa.
For Contractors the great thing about UK Ancestry Visas is that you have complete freedom when it comes to finding work and using a Contractor Solution (e.g. Umbrella Company, Contractor Limited Company etc). You will not have to consider a future Immigration application (unless you are planning on applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain) therefore you can structure your income in the most tax efficient way.
At Commonwealth Contractors our partners specialise in looking after highly skilled Contractors on Ancestry Visas. Call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details to find out how they can help!
Qualifying for an Ancestry Visa
To qualify for a UK Ancestry Visa you must show that:
- At least one of your grandparents was born:
- In the UK (including Channel Islands & the Isle of Man), OR
- In the Republic of Ireland before 31st March 1922, OR
- On a British registered ship or aircraft
- You are a Commonwealth Citizen (e.g. Australia, New Zealand etc), AND
- You are aged 17 or over, AND
- You are able to work and you plan to work in the UK, AND
- You can support yourself & your dependents without requiring access to public funds
Please note that you cannot claim UK Ancestry through step-parents; however you can apply if your parent (through whom you are claiming ancestry) was adopted.
If approved a UK Ancestry Visa will allow you to stay in the up to 5 years after which time you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Applying for an Ancestry Visa
To apply for a UK Ancestry Visa you must submit the application from outside the UK, ideally in the country of your nationality. Please note that if you are already in the UK you will not be able to ‘switch’ into UK Ancestry therefore you must travel home to apply.
In order to submit a UK Ancestry Visa application you should provide:
- Your full birth certificate
- You parents & grandparents marriage certificates & legal adoption papers if you or your parents were adopted
- The full birth certificate of the parent or grandparent through whose ancestry you are applying
- Your marriage certificate of civil partnership registration document if your husband or wife intends to join you in the UK.
|Commonwealth Countries||Jamaica||St Lucia|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Kenya||St Vincent & The Grenadines|
|Brunei Darussal||Mauritius||Sri Lanka|
|Cyprus||Nauru||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Ghana||Pakistan||United Republic of Tanzania|
|Grenada||Papua New Guinea||United Kingdom|
|India||St Kitts & Nevis||Zambia|
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you. A UK Ancestry Visa / Ancestral Visa may be just the ticket for you!