Category Archives: Information For Individuals

Extending your Stay After a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa

Are you already in the UK, working on a Tier 1 post study work visa, and looking to establish a long term visa and career in the UK?

We may be able to help.

If you can work for your prospective sponsor for 6 months before your visa expires,  your extension/sponsorship does not need to rely on there being no suitable locals.  (normally, unless you are in a ‘shortage occupation’, or earning a very high salary, you can only be sponsored if an advertising recruitment campaign does not yield suitable locals).

Our solutions work particularly well if you are a contractor,  but even if you are not, contact us and we can look at the options.  Our OISC registered partners may be able to help your client sponsor you directly if the contracting / outsourcing route is not appropriate.

Find out More

To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!

Check out our immigration guides for details on how Tier 2 work permit sponsorship can lead on to Indefinite leave to Remain (permanent residence) and then British nationality / passport.


Continue reading

EU Contracting | Visa to Europe from the UK

The UK can be a great base from which to work on projects for clients across the EU especially financial services, engineering and IT jobs in Europe. If you have a UK work visa, EU laws relating to provision of services can allow your employer to send you to work at client sites on the continent without requiring a fresh work permit issued by the destination country.

Before you read on please note that this European Visas for contractors guide is directed at individuals.If you are an Agency: CLICK HERE for our agent’s guide to deploying non-EU nationals to meet the needs of your clients in Europe


Continue reading

EU Blue Cards

The EU Blue Card will allow highly skilled migrants (and their families) to live and work in the European Union for an initial period of two years. At the moment the scheme is only live in a handful of countries, including Bulgaria. (more…)

Continue reading

European Work Permits

If you’re an EEA National you will be able to move and work freely throughout the European Economic Area. If you are a Non EEA National you will need to secure a country specific Work Permit unless you hold a work visa for a member nation and you are working further to a managed service agreement. (more…)

Continue reading

Vander Elst Visa

 In the following case it may be appropriate to apply for a Vander Elst Visa:  If you are an IT , Engineering or Finance Consultant on a temporary UK work visa you may be able to deliver services to a client in an European Union member state without first securing a country specific work permit. (more…)

Continue reading

Schengen Visa

A Schengen Visa will not allow you to work or deliver services to a business based in a Schengen member state. The visa will only allow you to travel throughout the area for tourist purposes or business meetings. If you’re looking to work or deliver services to a business based in the Schengen Area you will need an alternative visa. (more…)

Continue reading

Use of the UK Welfare State by Non EU Nationals

If you’re a Non EEA National on a temporary work visa such as Tier 1 General or Tier 2 General you (and your family) can usually enjoy use of certain UK State services including the National Health Service (NHS) and State Schools, but you can not claim cash benefits. (more…)

Continue reading

Adverse Immigration History

It is very important that at no time do you gain an adverse Immigration history (either through overstaying, deception or some other means) as you will not only have major problems securing a new UK visa but also potentially a visa for another country. (more…)

Continue reading

Biometric Residence Permits

A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is a card issued by the UKBA which holds your biographic details (name, date of birth, place of birth) along with your biometric information (fingerprints and digital photo). BRPs are currently issued for certain ‘in country’ applications. (more…)

Continue reading

UK Visa Processing Times

The time it takes to process a Tier 2 General Visa application depends on many factors, including; whether the application is ‘in country’ or ‘out of country’, the country in which the application is being submitted, whether the applicant has dependents or not. (more…)

Continue reading