ECAA Visas for Turkish Nationals
Are you a highly skilled Turkish National? Would you like to work in the UK under the European Community Association Agreement (ECAA Agreement)? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help!
The European Community Association Agreement allows Turkish Nationals to come to the United Kingdom for the purpose of starting a business. There are no restrictions on the size of the business (the business may be large or small); therefore it is possible to build a ‘one man’ contracting business. Please note that you must work on the business full time and you cannot take any employment that is not directly related to the business.
If you are a high skilled IT Consultant, Engineer, Medical Professional or Financial Services Consultant and you are interested in Contracting in the UK Commonwealth Contractors can help!
At Commonwealth Contractors we specialise in dealing with ECAA visas for highly skilled Turkish Contractors. To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!
Periods of Leave & Indefinite Leave to Remain
If you are successful in securing an ECAA visa you will be granted the following periods of Leave to Enter or Remain;
Type of ECAA Application
Period of Leave Granted
After 4 continuous years in the UK on an ECAA Visa you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (also known as Permanent Residence), so long as you are still running the business and you continue to meet the requirements for an extension of stay.
Initial ECAA Visa Applications
If you do not already possess valid UK Leave to Remain which allows you to ‘switch’ in country to an ECAA status you will need to apply from your home country i.e. Turkey.
To qualify further to opening your own business you must show that;
- You possess the required skills to establish the business
- You will be bring sufficient funds to establish the business
- You will bear your share of the costs of running the business
- Your share of the profits will be enough to support you and your dependants without requiring access to public funds
If you want to join an existing partnership or company, you must also:
- Show that you will have an active part in running the business
- Show that there is a genuine need for your services and investment
- Provide a copy of the most recent company accounts
To prove that you are establishing yourself in business you may need to show documents inc;
- A business plan or partnership agreement
- Insurance Certificates (may include Professional Indemnity, Employers Liability & Public Liability)
- HM Revenue & Customs Documents (i.e. VAT Registration, PAYE Registration, Corporation Tax Registration etc
- Original Bank Statements to prove you can maintain and accommodate yourself
- Tenancy Agreement / Mortgage Agreement
If you are successful in securing an ECAA visa you will be allowed to remain in the UK for 12 months initially.
ECAA Visa Extensions
To extend your stay as a Turkish ECAA Visa holder you must show that;
- You are still established in business
- You remain able to bear the costs of running the business
- Your share of the profits remain sufficient to maintain and accommodate you and any dependants without requiring access to public funds
If you are successful in securing an ECAA visa extension you will be allowed to remain in the UK for a further 3 years.
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!