Tag Archives: Visa

EU Blue Cards

The EU Blue Card will allow highly skilled migrants (and their families) to live and work in the European Union for an initial period of two years. At the moment the scheme is only live in a handful of countries, including Bulgaria. (more…)

Continue reading

Vander Elst Visa

 In the following case it may be appropriate to apply for a Vander Elst Visa:  If you are an IT , Engineering or Finance Consultant on a temporary UK work visa you may be able to deliver services to a client in an European Union member state without first securing a country specific work permit. (more…)

Continue reading

Use of the UK Welfare State by Non EU Nationals

If you’re a Non EEA National on a temporary work visa such as Tier 1 General or Tier 2 General you (and your family) can usually enjoy use of certain UK State services including the National Health Service (NHS) and State Schools, but you can not claim cash benefits. (more…)

Continue reading

Adverse Immigration History

It is very important that at no time do you gain an adverse Immigration history (either through overstaying, deception or some other means) as you will not only have major problems securing a new UK visa but also potentially a visa for another country. (more…)

Continue reading

Biometric Residence Permits

A Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) is a card issued by the UKBA which holds your biographic details (name, date of birth, place of birth) along with your biometric information (fingerprints and digital photo). BRPs are currently issued for certain ‘in country’ applications. (more…)

Continue reading

UK Visa Processing Times

The time it takes to process a Tier 2 General Visa application depends on many factors, including; whether the application is ‘in country’ or ‘out of country’, the country in which the application is being submitted, whether the applicant has dependents or not. (more…)

Continue reading

UK Visa Costs

In order to apply for a UK Visa you need to pay a Government visa processing Fee. The level of fee depends upon the visa class you are applying for and whether the application is an ‘In Country’ or ‘Out of Country’ application. The tables below detail current Government visa processing fees. (more…)

Continue reading

Overseas Visa Applications

If you’re applying for a Work Visa from outside the UK you will normally need to submit an application in your home country through one of the UK Border Agency’s commercial partners (i.e. VFS Global or WorldBridge Services). (more…)

Continue reading

Premium vs Postal Visa Applications (Tier 2 General)

If you are based in the UK and you are looking to extend you visa, switch into a new immigration category or change employer you will need to submit a Tier 2 General visa application. Depending upon timeframes and how much you have to spend you can choose either the Premium or Postal route. (more…)

Continue reading

UK Business Visas

Business Visas are designed for those that are coming to the UK to do such things as conduct business meetings, give presentations to prospective clients, attend interviews etc. They do not allow an individual to actually work in the UK.

If you are an IT, Engineering, Medical or Financial Services professional and you would like to work in the UK or deliver services to an existing UK client please contact us immediately for details of suitable visas and solutions.

To find out more call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you.

Permitted ‘Business Visa’ Activities

You can come to the UK as a business visitor if you intend to carry out any of the following:

  • Attending meetings and conferences (including interviews that have been arranged prior to travelling)
  • Arranging deals, or negotiating or signing trade agreements or contracts
  • Undertaking fact-finding missions
  • Conducting site visits
  • Delivering goods and passengers from abroad (e.g. lorry driver, coach driver etc)
  • Accompanying a tour group as a tour group courier
  • Speaking at a ‘one-off’ conference where this is not run as a commercial concern
  • Representing a foreign manufacturer by coming to service or repair its products
  • Representing a foreign machine manufacturer by coming to erect and install machinery too heavy to be delivered in one piece
  • interpreting or translating for visiting business persons
  • Attending board meetings in the UK as a board-level director
  • Representing a computer software company by coming to install, debug or enhance their products. Note – If work is of a detailed nature it is considered ‘consultancy work’, for which a visa under the points-based system is required

Applying for a Business Visa

To apply you must show that:

  • You are 18+ year old
  • You intend to visit the UK for no more than 6 months
  • You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit
  • You have enough money to support yourself without requiring public funds
  • You are based abroad and do not intend to transfer your base to the UK
  • You receive your salary from abroad
  • You are not replacing someone in the UK
  • You can meet the cost of the return or onward journey
  • You are not in transit to a country outside the ‘Common Travel Area’ (Ireland, the UK, the Isle of Man and the Channel Islands)
  • You do not intend to take paid or unpaid employment, produce goods or provide services, including the selling of goods or services directly to members of the public
  • You do not do a course of study
  • You do not marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership; or receive private medical treatment.

Find out More

To find out more about our solutions call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!


Continue reading