If you’re an IT Consultant from Australia or New Zealand and you hold a UK Ancestry Visa you’re in a very fortunate position! There’s no need to worry about transferring to Tier 2 General (UK Work Permit), all you need to worry about is maximising your UK Contract income!
At Commonwealth Contractors we specialise in working with highly skilled IT Consultants from Australia and New Zealand. Our solutions are specifically designed to help you make the most out of contracting in the UK and maximise your UK contract income during your stay!
To find out more about contracting with Commonwealth Contractors speak to an experienced Consultant now by calling 0800 294 4388 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!
Benefits for working with Commonwealth Contractors
There are many benefits to working with Commonwealth Contractors including;
- Market Leading Retention Rates – Our expertise in working with highly skilled Australians & New Zealanders allows us to maximise retention and offer market leading remuneration packages
- Extensive Expense Policy – It may be possible to claim extensive expenses including;
- Accommodation & Utilities
- Flights to and from the UK
- Travel and Subsistence Costs
- Computer Supplies
- Business Telecoms
- Professional Training Costs
- Manuals and Textbooks
- Postage and Stationary costs
- Employment Letters – for organisation which require work references e.g. Banks
- Full Stamped & Signed Payslips
- Professional Assistance with future Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) Applications
- Up to date Immigration advice and guidance to help you prepare for changes
- Dedicated Account Managers
- Help and support with UK Bank Accounts and National Insurance Numbers
- The ability to take on European Assignments (see below)
European Assignments and UK Ancestry Visas
A UK Ancestry Visa will only afford you work rights for the United Kingdom, not the rest of the European Union. It is not until you have secured UK Citizenship and a British Passport that you can work freely throughout the European Economic Area.
However, if you have a potential IT Contract in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France or the Republic of Ireland Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help. As part of an established consultancy it may be possible for you to go about delivering IT Consultancy services in another area of the EEA without having to secure a country specific work permit.
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms & Tier 2 Licensed IT Consultancies that regularly undertake international IT assignments. Where assignments are undertaken in other EEA countries our consultancy partners are happy, where required, to work with employees to gain satisfactory work authorisation.
Find out More
To find out more about Commonwealth Contractors call now on 0800 294 4388 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!Continue reading
Are you a Commonwealth Citizen? Do you have a Grandparent who was born in the UK? If so you may be able to apply for a 5 year UK Ancestry Visa!
If you’re a professional IT, Engineering or Finance Services Contractor from a Commonwealth country it‘s well worth finding out whether you have any ancestral ties to the UK. If you do you may be able to apply for a UK Ancestry Visa also known as UK Ancestral Visa.
For Contractors the great thing about UK Ancestry Visas is that you have complete freedom when it comes to finding work and using a Contractor Solution (e.g. Umbrella Company, Contractor Limited Company etc). You will not have to consider a future Immigration application (unless you are planning on applying for Indefinite Leave to Remain) therefore you can structure your income in the most tax efficient way.
At Commonwealth Contractors our partners specialise in looking after highly skilled Contractors on Ancestry Visas. Call now on 0800 294 4388 or Submit your Details to find out how they can help!
Qualifying for an Ancestry Visa
To qualify for a UK Ancestry Visa you must show that:
- At least one of your grandparents was born:
- In the UK (including Channel Islands & the Isle of Man), OR
- In the Republic of Ireland before 31st March 1922, OR
- On a British registered ship or aircraft
- You are a Commonwealth Citizen (e.g. Australia, New Zealand etc), AND
- You are aged 17 or over, AND
- You are able to work and you plan to work in the UK, AND
- You can support yourself & your dependents without requiring access to public funds
Please note that you cannot claim UK Ancestry through step-parents; however you can apply if your parent (through whom you are claiming ancestry) was adopted.
If approved a UK Ancestry Visa will allow you to stay in the up to 5 years after which time you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain.
Applying for an Ancestry Visa
To apply for a UK Ancestry Visa you must submit the application from outside the UK, ideally in the country of your nationality. Please note that if you are already in the UK you will not be able to ‘switch’ into UK Ancestry therefore you must travel home to apply.
In order to submit a UK Ancestry Visa application you should provide:
- Your full birth certificate
- You parents & grandparents marriage certificates & legal adoption papers if you or your parents were adopted
- The full birth certificate of the parent or grandparent through whose ancestry you are applying
- Your marriage certificate of civil partnership registration document if your husband or wife intends to join you in the UK.
|Commonwealth Countries||Jamaica||St Lucia|
|Antigua & Barbuda||Kenya||St Vincent & The Grenadines|
|Brunei Darussal||Mauritius||Sri Lanka|
|Cyprus||Nauru||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Ghana||Pakistan||United Republic of Tanzania|
|Grenada||Papua New Guinea||United Kingdom|
|India||St Kitts & Nevis||Zambia|
Find out More
To find out more about our solutions call now on 0800 294 4388 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you. A UK Ancestry Visa / Ancestral Visa may be just the ticket for you!Continue reading