Tag Archives: Post Study Worker Visas

Transferring from Tier 4 to Tier 2 General

Although possible, transferring from a Tier 4 Student Visa to Tier 2 General (formerly UK Work Permit) is very difficult. Not because the transfer is especially complicated but because (1) the prospective sponsor must conduct a Resident Labour Market Test AND (2) ‘switching’ is only allowed once the individual has graduated from their course of study. (more…)

Continue reading

Transferring to Tier 1 Post Study Work (closed from 5 April 2012)

Tier 1 Post Study Work Visas allowed Non EEA graduates to work freely in the UK for a period of up to two years following graduation. The category was seen as a transitional router to a long term work visa; it closed to new applicants on 5th April 2012. (more…)

Continue reading

Tier 1 PSW to Tier 2 General

Would you like to remain in the UK past the expiry of your Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa? Are you looking to secure Tier 2 Work Permit Sponsorship? If so Commonwealth Contractors may be able to help! (more…)

Continue reading

Contracting on a Tier 1 PSW Visa

Do you hold a Tier 1 Post Study Work Visa? Would you like to work as a professional IT, Engineering, or Financial Services Contractor, or Medical Locum in the United Kingdom? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help! (more…)

Continue reading

Tier 1 Post Study Work (PSW) Visa

Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Visas – Closed to new applicants on 5th April 2012

The Tier 1 (Post Study Work) Visa scheme, which was closed to new applicants with effect from 5th April 2012, allows holders to work freely for a period of up to 2 years following graduation from a UK academic institution. The visa is intended to provide a bridge to highly skilled or skilled work under Tier 2 General. (more…)

Continue reading