Tag Archives: European Work Permit

EU Contracting | Visa to Europe from the UK

The UK can be a great base from which to work on projects for clients across the EU especially financial services, engineering and IT jobs in Europe. If you have a UK work visa, EU laws relating to provision of services can allow your employer to send you to work at client sites on the continent without requiring a fresh work permit issued by the destination country.

Before you read on please note that this European Visas for contractors guide is directed at individuals.If you are an Agency: CLICK HERE for our agent’s guide to deploying non-EU nationals to meet the needs of your clients in Europe


Continue reading

European Solutions for UK Work Visa Holders

Do you have a Client in Germany, the Netherlands, Belgium, France or the Republic of Ireland with a high end contract requirement? Are you looking to assign migrants, who need a visa to work in Europe, who are UK Work Visa Holders? If so Commonwealth Contractors can help to secure the Contractor a Vander Elst Visa!

UK Work Visas does not allow the holder to work freely in another European Country (e.g. Germany). To do that an individual would either need to;

  • Secure a country specific work visa (e.g. German Work Permit), OR
  • Gain a Vander Elst Visa.

At Commonwealth Contractors we work with established Consultancies who can help to secure Vander Elst Visas in respect of highly skilled IT, Engineering and Financial Services Professionals.

If you have a European contract requirement and you would like to assign a Non EEA National on a temporary UK Work Visa contact Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details to find out more!

Visa Requirements

Please note that Vander Elst Visa requirements and processes vary from country to country.

In order to qualify for a Vander Elst Visa a Contractor must have at least 3 months remaining on their UK Work Visa. If the Contractor does not have at least 3 months remaining it is highly unlikely that they will be able to secure a Vander Elst Visa.

To qualify the Contractor will need to provide the following documents:

  • Fully completed and signed application form
  • Original Passport
  • Evidence of the Contractors right to reside in the UK (i.e. Tier 1 or Tier 2 Visa)
  • Employer Declaration of Employment
  • Contact Details for the Client
  • Medical Insurance (normally Travel Insurance Policy)

Although processes vary from country to country approval times are normally fairly quick (ranging from 2 to 14 days).

Find out More

To find out more about Commonwealth Contractors call now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you!


Continue reading

European Work Permits

If you’re an EEA National you will be able to move and work freely throughout the European Economic Area. If you are a Non EEA National you will need to secure a country specific Work Permit unless you hold a work visa for a member nation and you are working further to a managed service agreement. (more…)

Continue reading