NHS Tops ICO Data Breach Table
Since November 2007 the National Health Service has reported:
- 116 incidents where equipment containing personal data was stolen
- 87 incidents where health service organisations lost hardware containing personal data
- 43 incidents where information was wrongly disclosed by health service organisations
- 17 incidents where data was \”lost in transit\”
- 13 cases involving the non-secure disposal of IT
- 17 cases involved technical or procedural failures
The Deputy Chairman of the Information Commissioner, David Smith, said that “Extra vigilance is required so that people\’s personal information does not end up in the wrong hands. Organisations should have clear security and disclosure procedures that staff can understand, properly implement these and ensure that they are being followed by staff. Staff must be adequately trained not just in the value of personal information, but in how to protect it.\”
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). If you are a highly skilled International professional and you would like to work in the UK Commonwealth Contractors can help. Our OISC Registered Partners specialise in Tier 1 General (formerly Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) visa applications and can assist those highly skilled individuals that either wish to apply or extend a Tier 1 General Visa.
For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0800 294 4388 or Submit your details now and we will get right back to you.