CWJobs.co.uk reports surge in IT Contract Vacancies in 2011
The report found that:
- 5.7% increase in demand for permanent IT professionals
- 11.1% increase in the number of IT contract vacancies advertised
- Contract rates have increased for five quarters in a row
- 80% of all contract vacancies are being advertised in the south of the country
- London and the Midlands saw a rise in demand for contractors of over 10% during the last quarter
- 46.4% of demand came from Software houses
- 35.8% of demand came from financial institutions
The Website Director of CWJobs.co.uk, Richard Nott, said that “The market has continued to stabilise and our latest data shows that demand for IT professionals has now increased for six consecutive quarters. 2010 saw steady growth in demand for IT personnel, with an eight per cent increase in the second quarter, followed by eight per cent in the third and five per cent in the final quarter of the year.”
At Commonwealth Contractors we partner with OISC Registered Private Immigration Firms and Tier 2 Licensed Healthcare and IT Consultancies who may be prepared, where required, to sponsor an individual on a Tier 2 Visa (formerly UK Work Permit). If you are a highly skilled International professional and you would like to work in the UK Commonwealth Contractors can help. Our OISC Registered Partners specialise in Tier 1 General (formerly Highly Skilled Migrant Programme) visa applications and can assist those highly skilled individuals that either wish to apply or extend a Tier 1 General Visa.
For more Information call Commonwealth Contractors now on 0330 390 9021 or Submit your Details and we will get right back to you. Please see other areas of the Commonwealth Contractors site for interesting articles on tax, immigration and contracting.